Thursday, September 17, 2015

App appreciation day


There are some programs that don't get the credit nor respect that they deserve. The ones that we use regularly, that never let us down and get the job done perfectly. Yet, once their task is complete, they are TOSsed to one side without so much of a thank you. Do you know a downtrodden app? Then shame on you!

Sadly, so do I. It's called FastCopy (Pro) by Martin Backchat and is an iconic program for the Atari ST. In fact, you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that didn't/doesn't use this funky little thing? I think every ST owner has a copy of this on their computer and, rightly so, because it has several distinct features and here are a few that I like:

   1) A brilliant backup tool.
   2) Essential formatting options.
   3) Actually, very smart formatting. Woo!!
   4) Nifty virus prevention.
   5) Can run either as a PRG or an ACC.

I personally format all my disks using this to make 'em all ready for the stuff that I've downloaded from off the internet. It never lets me down (touches wooden head). So, dear Fast Copy, I promise to start appreciating you more and I send my Mega-ST greetings to Mr Backschat for making such an awesome Atari ST program!

No comments:

Post a Comment