Friday, October 23, 2015

Chuckie Egg II



My fave Speccy game!

After playing the Atari ST version of Jet Set Willy, I remembered that we had another 8-Bit platformer by Lothlorien called Chuckie Egg 2. This made me incredibly happy because I love the ZX Spectrum original and I even spent hundreds (thousands?!) of hours exploring and mapping its immense and whacky world that was fascinating.

Let's cut to the chase - the Atari ST conversion is awful. Okay, I guess it looks and sounds better but the gameplay is completely different because it doesn't feel anything like the original whatsoever. In fact, the controls are diabolical so guiding Harry around any room is nigh on impossible. His movements are way too fast and they altered the basic mechanics of jumping too. You know, I expected some differences but this is a joke beyond anything I imagined.

This is a car wreck of a game!! A terrible port of what was originally brilliant. Terrible is the word!! 😡

It's not recommended but, if you're feeling stupid and wanna play this game, then the floppies can be found using Old Games FinderA hard drive installable game can be found over at 8BitChip.

No comments:

Post a Comment